Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pickled Ginger? Aisle #2, next to the Tofu..........

8/13 Monday

Nan is a gourmet cook. She wanted to fix us Chinese Chicken Salad tonight, so I helped her grocery shop. We found all we needed, except Pickled Ginger. When I went to the front and asked the manager, he said "It's on Aisle 2, right next to the tofu, if we have any." Well, needless to say, I don't know what tofu is, so we had some issues. Finally, Nan got the sushi bar to give us a cup of it. The salad was WONDERFUL! Don't think you get the same thing at a restaurant...................

8/14 Tues
Today's highlight was tour of the Reagan Library and Air Force One. Before I forget, near AF1, they had a simulator on a trailer, serial number (like tail number) 001. I told the girls that was probably the sim that was found near Wichita in a scrap yard, was saved, and probably sent to some gov't museum. The outside had been painted pretty, but it was closed, so don't know about the interior. Later, I asked a tour guide what the story was on it: "It was found in a scrap yard in Wichita..........." So I was right!
A few pics...............











































Notice the traffic and brown air................











Morale: Still Excellent, but worried about the drive OUT of LA, after seeing all the traffic over the past few days..............
ron











































































No comments: