Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Not in KS anymore - Reprise



8/7 I think I fit right in!

I’m a little nervous that I’m rapidly adjusting to this retirement community living. Several naps per day (and it took me forever to get to sleep last night). Long discussions on do we go out to eat or eat in. Admiring the different models of golf carts. And yes, after my afternoon nap yesterday, I came out to hear Chari say “Do you know you have that T-Shirt on inside out?” Me: “Well, no, but it’s comfortable this way also…………………”

We played dominoes last night with Bruce and Vi. Had a lot of fun.

For lunch today, we went out to a nice restaurant and had an enjoyable breakfast.

Been fighting to acquire mail and send email here. I think I have to switch from Cox.Central to Cox.West. For awhile, I could receive mail, but couldn’t send mail. Now I’ve enhanced it where I can do neither!

My Aunt Vi is in a kazoo band, and today, they played at another retirement home. That was a sight. About 8 kazoo players, piano, drums, and a one string bass fiddle (left) played by a 93 year young lady, who was having that time of her life—and not missing a beat!











We’re not in KS anymore—the home where the band played served WINE and soft drinks to the patrons at the performance. NICE! And we were a little concerned about the snacks, which consisted of animal crackers, small crackers, and a cookie that had stamped in it: “Sweatmeal DISGESTIVE Bisquit.” HUH?


We’re heading across LA to El Segundo today. ARG, LA traffic, ARG. Will plan to make the drive mid morning or later, BEFORE end of shift.

Miles driven: About 20
Fuel used: Almost none.
Most interesting sightings: A triple wide mobile home in this community is for sale. 2400Sq Ft, about 5 yrs old, claims to be like new. Lot rent is $600/month. Price = $400K. Ouch. That’s $166/sq ft………………
Misc:
Morale: EXCELLENT!

2 comments:

Keasty said...

Fancy driving LA today... or is it tomorrow. Enjoy!!
Back is improving. Rode 20 km yesterday and 32 today. Nearly there. I'm stoked!!!

Captronr said...

Hey, there's a lot of people that drive out here--fast and close!

I'm getting too old to handle the stress.

ron