8/6
Slept in a little this morning—after all—we’re in a retirement community now!
Had a wonderful breakfast with Aunt Vi (I fixed bacon and eggs). Relaxed and looked at pics Aunt Vi had, and she looked at some of the old pics I brought along. Fun.
Aunt Vi gave me a pic of my Dad, taken in 1915, when he was a freshman in high school; the pic is of his class, all 13 of them!
Went with Vi and her friend Bruce down to the club house for the Senior Lunch. Good food and great company. It reminded me a little of middle school, as people jockied for seating and reserved seats for their friends.
Before the dinner, we said the pledge salute and had a silent prayer. Ah, America!
The lady (Marie) next to me turns NINETY-FOUR on Thursday. A very pleasant lady. When we visited about where all she’s lived, she said “I was born in Iowa, grew up in Missouri, moved to Seattle for 30 years, and finally to California. So I’m a “corn fed, jackass, with web feet, and now a sunburn (referring to the state mottos)”.
During our conversations, she mentioned “It took a long time to get to be 94!” Great sense of humor.
We walked out to the pool area.
After threatening to push Chari in, I asked Bruce if they allowed skinning dipping here? He said it was OK by him!
Slept in a little this morning—after all—we’re in a retirement community now!
Had a wonderful breakfast with Aunt Vi (I fixed bacon and eggs). Relaxed and looked at pics Aunt Vi had, and she looked at some of the old pics I brought along. Fun.
Aunt Vi gave me a pic of my Dad, taken in 1915, when he was a freshman in high school; the pic is of his class, all 13 of them!
Went with Vi and her friend Bruce down to the club house for the Senior Lunch. Good food and great company. It reminded me a little of middle school, as people jockied for seating and reserved seats for their friends.
Before the dinner, we said the pledge salute and had a silent prayer. Ah, America!
The lady (Marie) next to me turns NINETY-FOUR on Thursday. A very pleasant lady. When we visited about where all she’s lived, she said “I was born in Iowa, grew up in Missouri, moved to Seattle for 30 years, and finally to California. So I’m a “corn fed, jackass, with web feet, and now a sunburn (referring to the state mottos)”.
During our conversations, she mentioned “It took a long time to get to be 94!” Great sense of humor.
We walked out to the pool area.
After threatening to push Chari in, I asked Bruce if they allowed skinning dipping here? He said it was OK by him!
Bruce dropping Vi off after lunch (We’d walked down).
There’s a house for sale here, and Chari really wants it (she loves the warm weather and flowers). Not sure we can afford it though…………..
Morale is still EXCELLENT!
Ron
No comments:
Post a Comment