Saturday PM 8/11
We toured the local car museum and saw some wonderful cars! I think the oldest was a 1915 and the newest mid 1970s. All were restored and running; in fact, on Sunday afternoons, they take 3 cars out and drive them around the city, maybe 3 miles! If you show up on Sunday, you can ride in them! Pic is of Chari sitting in a DeLorian.
Parked in front, an employee or volunteer’s car I think, was a red and white 57 Chevy convertible with the top down. It looked so good. Hmmmm, maybe we could trade Chari’s Sebring for it, and drive the chevy up the coast????????? Can't believe I didn't take a pic of that chevy; my first car was a bronze 57 Chevy 4 door sedan.
Lots of old Packards, Chryslers, and Fords. A few pics.

Old military truck that Ron knew as much about as the lady guide. No, I'm not that old, but a lot of the features on the old ones carried over to newer military vehicles that I used........
We toured the local car museum and saw some wonderful cars! I think the oldest was a 1915 and the newest mid 1970s. All were restored and running; in fact, on Sunday afternoons, they take 3 cars out and drive them around the city, maybe 3 miles! If you show up on Sunday, you can ride in them! Pic is of Chari sitting in a DeLorian.
Parked in front, an employee or volunteer’s car I think, was a red and white 57 Chevy convertible with the top down. It looked so good. Hmmmm, maybe we could trade Chari’s Sebring for it, and drive the chevy up the coast????????? Can't believe I didn't take a pic of that chevy; my first car was a bronze 57 Chevy 4 door sedan.
Lots of old Packards, Chryslers, and Fords. A few pics.
Ate lunch at Johnny Rocket’s Hamburger joint. It was good, especially the malts.
Aunt Nan grilled steak last night, so we ate very well……………
Someone set a fire in the parking garage here, in the stall behind my burb and Nan’s Toyota! Apparently it was a futon mattress and some other residents saw it and put it out before it did much damage. Will go look this morning……….
Morale: What’s above Excellent! Temp is 74 now (11AM), nice breeze, windows open.
Ron
Aunt Nan grilled steak last night, so we ate very well……………
Someone set a fire in the parking garage here, in the stall behind my burb and Nan’s Toyota! Apparently it was a futon mattress and some other residents saw it and put it out before it did much damage. Will go look this morning……….
Morale: What’s above Excellent! Temp is 74 now (11AM), nice breeze, windows open.
Ron
2 comments:
Excellent... glad you're having a ball. Would've liked to see you squeeze into the De Lorien!!! Aren't I nasty? Enjoy that west coast.
Hey be nice!
It's tough enough getting into Nan's Toyota Solara, but it's worth it as SHE has been driving us around. Much easier than driving in LA and trying to park the suburban in all these small parking spots.
Have fun, ron
Post a Comment