Drove back to Seattle on Sunday. Wow, lots of traffic. An earlier wreck tied up I 5, and although the road was open and clear, the stop and go persisted hours after the wreck. It took us an hour to go fewer than 10 miles. Finally, we ducked off I 5 and traffic was better.
We've been grilling salmon and eating WELL. Monday, we drove to Gig Harbor to see the boats and enjoy a lunch on the waterfront. Must cost a lot to live there.................. Way outta my league I'm sure.
Outta Battery, Bye,
ron
Well, thanks to the King County Library's wifi, (and a power strip under the desk), I'm back in business in Issaquah..................
Today, Chari and I ventured to the Seattle waterfront and IVARS for chowder and fish. Then to the Aquarium. Then up to a boat sales place on Lake Union. I'd called ahead and the C-Dory dealer had both the 22 ft cruiser and the 25 ft (way better) crusing powerboats on display. I knew it was overpriced: The sales guys were wearing SUITS and TIES, and the two closest parking spots (the owners I suppose) had a Jag and a Mercedes parked in them. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, might be some big money in da big boats, huh? Walking on the dock to the C-dorys, we past a 65 cabin cruiser. Nothing good could come from viewing that boat and our salesman knew we couldn't afford it by our appearance...........
Chari thought the 25 ft cruiser was Nice. Well, duh, it costs about half of what our house is worth, so it should be nice...............
Tonight it's dinner with Tally and Jack at the house. Tomorrow I get to fix a massive breakfast. Then it's off to lunch at the Museum of Flight and meeting an old friend from Wichita.
Weather: Raining in Seattle, duh, what else is new........
Morale: Excellent!
Ron
2 comments:
Wish we were with you guys. Love Oregon and Washington. Not that fussed about Seattle. Don't buy a boat without Chari's approval Ron!!!
She actually urged me to go look at one boat here.........
Actually did look at a new boat here==but it was $75K, so it was outta our league.
ron
Post a Comment