Monday, August 27, 2007

Odds and Ends

We'll be at Cannon Beach tomorrow with Jack and Tally, so we'll be busy RELAXING with them, and likely won't have internet for several days.

Some interesting things that didn't fit other places. We're a few blocks from U of O (that's Un of Oregon, the Ducks). Just as some people back home have purple KS State Un vehicles, a NEW GREEN Dodge pickup with Bright YELLOW trim, along with GO DUCKS on the tailgate passed us on the interstate. A college guy in Wendy's was wearing GREEN Nike tennis shoes with yellow trim; you just can't wear stuff like that anywhere you know. And this motel sign, near the campus, says it all...

Mr. Stoooopid here; I was getting a little low on cash, so we figured we'd buy some supplies at Safeway, and have some extra cash for whatever. After buying some refreshments for the beach, some snacks, and some reading material and personal items, I got back $1.87 from my $100 Travel's Check. So much for that plan!

Chari couldn't resist the urge to have her pic taken here. Yes, Cindy, the restaurant was FULL of people, and we took two pics. Good thing you weren't here, or you would have been EMBARRASED, I'm sure!

We picked up a hitchhiker in Tracy, a lady who thinks she knows her way around the northwest. Carmeletta is a Garmin GPS with turn by turn directions. Her favorite word is "Recalculating", which she says whenever we miss a turn. But darnnit, if she would tell us a little SOONER, we might miss fewer turns!


I have to question my judgement though; now I have TWO women giving me driving instructions! Carmeletta always does have an opinon on which way to go. Most of the time, she is right, but several times, she's directed us down streets that are not through streets, such as railroad tracks, or concrete medians that would be tough to drive across.

When we drove back from Yosemite, she wanted to take us on a more mountainous road. We ignored her enough, I think she was getting mad at us; we finally shut her off before she had a meltdown.

Headin' North tomorrow. It was 47 here this morning (Nice). I told Chari it was 65 so she wouldn't break out her PARKA!
Morale: Excellent!
ron

No comments: