Friday, 8/18
Forgot to add the pic of Chari and Mary. Ain't they pretty!
Didn't take the camera to dinner last night, but I had"Misoyaki Glazed FRESH Oregon WILD King Salmon" and Chari had "Dijon Crusted FRESH South American Tilapia w/ papaya salsa". It was sure GOOD, but I think they use the fancy names just so they can charge an outragous price for the meals. Service was top notch and the food was excellent. Honestly though, it wasn't any better than the grilled salmon I fix on the grill at home--for a lot less $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I noticed two young ladies (I have trouble with women's ages since Chari looks 25 to me, but I'd guess they were 20ish). Each had drinks. One had an oxyster appetizer, the other an oriental looking appetizer. Entree for one looked like clam, lobster and seafood; the other looked like a fried fish. I could probably make a boat payment on what their meal cost!
Leftovers: While driving along the coast, we were watching all the rocks above us, along with the "falling rocks" signs. At one point I commented "you know, I also worry about the rocks BELOW us that have to hold firm in order for the ROAD to stay intact." Chari: "YIKES, now I have something ELSE to worry about!" One point in the road, it did look like they had redone the pavement in the area, so I'm wondering if the road itself gave way.........................
My arms are still sore from all the turning we did on US1.................
Lot of newbies taking group orientation tours on Stanford's campus. Parking is a zoo at that place. I can see why the locals look for a parking spot, then see what they can do in the area, rather than the other way around.
Oh, Chari went with Aunt Nan to a dr appt in LA--it cost her $7 to park, just to see the Dr. OUCH!
Large SUVs just don't fit the mall parking lots here, or any parking lots for that matter. It's not like Kansas...............
Breakfast yesterday at McDonalds, we ate in the open air tables. Nice and pleasant, and no flies. It's 61 here now (8AM Sat). I see why people here tolerate the crowds, the traffic, and the high costs to live in paradise. But it's not for us...................
A few days ago, we stopped at Wendy's for dinner. It was interesting hearing a Norwegian family trying to order meals from the Spanish counter person.
A grocery store we stopped at recently had most of their signs in Spanish, the store was playing musak and ads in Spanish, and the deli consisted mostly of Mexican dishes.
And finally, the world's largest Tatoo and Body Art convention is in San Francisco next week. Not sure we'll have time to make it................
Ron
No comments:
Post a Comment